View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #58
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I remember the hype surrounding Scarlet and I know about the Rhett Butler book; but I can't help but feel that the only person ever truly authorized to write a sequel was killed by a speeding automobile driven by an off-duty taxi driver in 1949.
Who also made it quite clear that as far as she was concerned there was, is and never will be any more to the story. I believe the actions of her estate in permitting the sequel were in direct contradiction to her wishes and she obstinately refused to satisfy any of her desperate readers with hints as to where the story would have gone when asked. Her view, I believe was best stated as "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn".

So, the rest of us may speculate and writhe with unsatisfied curiousity while she smirks one last "Fiddle dee dee" at us.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote