View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Have you tried searching for "battery" across all the documents on your Kindle? If so, does it find the references in the Asus manual?
I just did another test for someone on a another thread. I looked for the word "Hoodman" which I knew only existed in a PDF I had created. I the started search from the home page and it found the word.

Edit: I'm attaching a screen grab of the search results and the highlighted passage the search found.

Edit 2: Per your request, I did a global search for the word "battery" from the home page. It DID NOT find the word in the Asus PDF manual but it DID find 4 instances of the word in the PDF I created myself.

Edit 3: I owe Wallcraft an apology. I forgot I had a PDF version and a Mobi version (on the last page) of the same document. My search results were from the Mobi document NOT the PDF. Searching from within the PDF DOES still work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hoodman passage.gif
Views:	491
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	45060   Click image for larger version

Name:	hoodman search.gif
Views:	574
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	45061  

Last edited by daffy4u; 02-05-2010 at 01:03 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote