View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
So, should I ask for a replacement?

I've got the screen fade thing. Visiting the in-laws in bright (but cool) Phoenix, sitting on the patio, areas of the screen look like they were printed with an elderly toner cartridge (or a dry tape in a typewriter, for those who remember back THAT far!). Not a problem if I tilted the screen during the refresh so it was shaded while rendering the next page. Honestly the gesture was a bit like turning a page in a pBook, so not a deal-killer by any stretch.

But do the screens with the light-fade problem tend to get worse with time? Do they have other problems, or just the screen fade? Anyone have a screen with this problem that they've just decided to live with?

If I decide to exchange it, would I be better off getting a new unit shipped from Sony or just swapping it at Best Buy. i.e. if I get it from Sony will they know the next unit is from a "good" run of screens, whereas the Best Buy's stock is likely to be from the same batch?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote