View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #63
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Despite the relatively short period of time, ones only concern will be the survival of oneself and ones family. For some there will remain an altruistic trait, but even this cannot be guaranteed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
While I'm quite sure our upbringing forms the core of our beliefs, including morals, how we deal with it are also affected by our personality. For example, I am most comfortable with fairly clear-cut "rules" and that people follow them in a consistent manner. Hence I (try to) do that, too. So I don't think I'd pillage and plunder even if there were only a few days left. It would be wrong and I wouldn't do it simply because of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
In such a scenario, after a few days, we'd all fall short of petrol, electrical power, food, water and all form of essential services as everyone quits but the more altruistic. This really leads to negative actions from those who panic.

Death is as easy to face as the last day of vacation when one goes back to work...

I might change my residence and become one of your neighbors
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote