View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
However, I would sound a note of caution. The Asktak device is a Jinke clone, and the ePub support on the other Jinke devices is extremely poor, so there's really no reason to expect anything better from Astak. There are other devices on the market (eg those from Sony and Bookeen) which have much better ePub support, so you should perhaps consider one of those instead of the Astak.
Harry, I think that yours is an important point. But isn't that a firmware issue? It isn't clear to me why the poor performance of the BeBook where you live should be expected of the Astak where I live.

I will very much look forward to learning of the experience of those who pre-ordered the Pocket Pro.

edit to add: Oops! It looks like Musicman has already brought up the firmware issue.

Last edited by GA Russell; 08-30-2009 at 05:15 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote