View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Kindle format > Mobi?

As I'm sure most people will be aware Amazon is bringing out a new Kindle. To me it looks pretty good, as did the previous one. For me though the wireless connectivity isn't a killer ap, my Cybook is still fine.

However as I understand Amazon own both the kindle format and Mobipocket format. They push the kindle format, discounting books to push the device and develop a market. Books are available on kindle format before mobipocket, or simply not available on mobipocket. Amazon have an exclusive with Stephen King (I believe I read?) for the Kindle.

Is the future of Mobipocket going to be a more expensive, patchy, later format than Kindle, am I overstating things, or is there light at the end of the tunnel?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote