Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #95
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrh View Post
I had a problem, which I thought was fairly common on 2.0.0, that if I added books by sideloading direct or using Calibre they wouldn't be recognized by the Touch due to an internal database problem. Carrying out a factory reset to go back to 1.9.17 and sideloading the epubs again, gave a Touch with all books available.

I think some(all?) other folk had this problem with 2.0.0. and this was the problem I was referring to.
I haven't seen any sideloading issues yet. Everything I have put on it was loaded into the library with no issues.

But, I can think of two sideloading issues with 2.0.0. One was were you replaced a book that was already on the device it could get deleted when the Touch was disconnected. The other was if you used the Touch to delete a book, you couldn't put the same book back on until a you do a WiFi sync. I haven't deliberately done either with the 2.1.4 release, but I think I have done them without thinking about it. I will do some tests shortly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote