View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I use two strategies to annoy telemarketers.

Knowing they are paid by the number of people they contact, I let them go on and on. Then I ask dopey questions and stall around and generally frustrate them. Then act really dumb saying something like, "Oh sorry, I thought this was for a free weekend in a Hilton in London Kentucky not London, England. I'm not allowed to leave the country since the sentencing." They hang up quick and I've succeeded in annoying them more then they have annoyed me.

If I want to end it quick and still have some fun, I pretend I work for the company they are calling for:

Telemarketer: "Hi, I'm calling on behalf of the Hilton Hotel chain"
Me: "Is there something wrong"?
Telemarketer: "No I'm calling offer you a free weekend"
Me: "But I work for Hilton Sales"
Telemarketer: "Oh, sorry, guess you don't need me"
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote