View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
How's 15.4 RC2 doing after a bit of time?
I've been using it for just over a week now. It's stable. The web browser does connect. It remembers your passwords for wifi connections and is really not too bad. I don't use it a lot but it does work with gmail and mobileread which is good enough for me. It needs to be able to bookmark pages though. And the vertical scrollbar doesn't move up, only down

I don't have many complaints. I can't program the buttons in Adobe reader but reading PDFs works much better.
  • If you are reflowing a page with multiple columns, the old reader would run them all together. The new one will flow from the bottom of the first to the top of the second, the bottom of the second to the top of the third, etc.
  • Viewing the PDF in landscape you can scroll to the bottom of the page via buttons. Dragging using the touch screen doesn't work though.
  • Taking notes is great. You can highlight as much or little as you want, not just complete lines. Previously you couldn't highlight the bottom half of the page (which would be on the second screen). Now it works great.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote