View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #68
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I had been staunchly avoinding all information about anything to do with ebooks. I loved my pbooks. LOOOOOOVVVED them.

Then my husband came home this past November with a birthday present for me-- a sony prs-505. My first reaction was to want to scream... I never asked for this, when he had mentioned it at times before, I said NOT INTERESTED. I don't buy books! I use the library.

Well, a few books later, and I was hooked. Throw in the local library with its own collection of ebooks and I was thrilled (thanks to mobileread for helping me find that!). Add in slowly realizing how to get other free books online (again, thanks mobileread!) and I was a very happy camper.

The librarians at my local library have gone from seeing me at least twice a week checking out a huge stack of books each time to seeing me once or twice a month checking out a few books for the kids, and an occasional one for me.

I found mobileread by searching random topics for help having to do with the reader.... and lurked for a bit, gathering info, before officially signing on to do business. I still don't understand half the "tech" stuff posted here, but, slowly, oh so slowly, I am learning one piece of info at a time. I'm quite impressed with myself
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote