View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kobo Desktop Performance

To be nice to my wife, I downloaded all the free romance books from the Kobo Store. Many of these are NOT in ePub format; but rather the propietary Kobo format and get stored in the SQLite Database.

The act of dropping one done on the PC (ie delete on web site, Update the Kobo Desktop, Sync to Kobo) is quick.

However; the processing done on the Kobo when the USB cable is disconnected is atrocious! I would swear it took 10 to 15 minutes just now to complete that process. and that was only dropping a single book.

Currently the .kobo\KoboReader.sqlite database on the Kobo is 112,378,880 bytes.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote