View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
eVeNtInE
eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
Best eBook reader for reading French (English speaker learning French)

Hi,

I've currently got a Kindle keyboard and I've found it fine for reading everything in English, but I'm currently trying to improve my French and find it impossible to read in French using my Kindle without having to lug out my giant French dictionary in order to look up multiple words per page. I've tried installing multiple French dictionaries, but the Kindle can't even deal with basic things like articles before words, not mind say conjugations of verbs...

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an eBook reader with an excellent French-English dictionary (possibly French-French dictionary too), which is able to recognise the vast vast majority of words, as well as conjugations of verbs and possibly phrases too. From doing some searching, the Sony readers seem the best equipped to deal with this, although I'm unsure if they can deal with conjugations/phrases.

I'm not entirely closed to getting a tablet either, if it has the ability to look-up words using wordreference/Google translate without having to change apps, but obviously I'd rather avoid the cost/lack of e-ink downfalls...

Any help would be much appreciated!
eVeNtInE is offline   Reply With Quote