View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletart View Post
Why does this process use up all of my CPU usage? I'm converting some books and I can't use my PC for anything else. I don't need calibre to use so much of my memory. I have two processes and they are using 100% of my memory - I cant even check my email or open a browser window. This is very invasive and hardly seems a reasonable use of my cpu.
Memory? or CPU cycles?
If you are running out of RAM, you might consider that 512M is not good for much other than reading mail

1 to 2G on XP is sweet for Process intensive programs.
Vista or W7 the sweet spot moves UP to 3 to 4G of RAM

There is a Calibre preference to reduce Priority to LOW, which will allow othe programs (with normal Priority) to run in spite of Calibre.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote