View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I cannot compare it to the Orizon, since Odyssey is my first Cybook. But I am so far very happy with it. Had it at work last night - and the whole time (about 12 hours worth) the Odyssey was connected to the company WiFi and I was browsing - mostly reading here on Mobileread. The battery meter lost maybe 10% with it never shutting off ( got the shutoff time set to 1 hour) - with heavily scrolling during that time. Bookeen says though that their modified vizplex screen is very energy efficient compared to the normal pearl - and I think I have to believe that. Have not tested epub reading exclusively. And I start to curse Bookeen for putting WiFi and a browser on this damn thing. It was another night I did not get to even read a single page in my book. Its perfect for reading forums - never got tired from reading it for extended times which I cannot say for my LED-LCD screen on my computer. But its a shame that it is so addicting to browse on it - little advice - if you plan to read a book on this thing, make sure you are not in a spot where WiFi is available.

Compared to my prs-300 the Odyssey seams to hold its charge for a lot longer time. And thanks Eowyn for finding out that it warns you if it gets too low - I have not got it down so far since I still plug it in every few days and upload stuff to it. Very happy with battery life so far ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote