View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #38
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Im very surprised that the Open office users are complaining that smashwords supports what is by default the most popular Word processing pack in the world (MS Word). Especially as Openoffice gives you the option to save in Word Format (as does pages).

My self I only use pages, because I use my ipad out and about where I do most of my writing, rather than carry a hefty laptop and there is no Open office or word for the ipad.

For Mark at smashwords, its a question of economics. Word is by far the most popular word processor, regardless of what we actually think of it as a software package, and whilst open office and pages support the .doc format, it would seem incredible for mark to even consider changing the meat grinder from supporting .doc format files.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote