View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: On the other hand, the 3.3 update (like the 3.4) was a 'full kernel' update, not a patch, so, the full kernel is there for the taking right in the official update package.

I caught your karma message way too late, but the stuff blocking your update were most likely the custom kernel *modules*, not the kernel itself. In 'full kernel' official updates, the checksums are checked *post* flash, they apparently don't care which kernel you came from (unless I missed something, which is entrely possible ).

(As for the failed jailbreak: wrong install file. Use the -3.2.1 one for FW 3.2.1/3.3/3.4).
Yeah sussed the JB was the oopsy one!

I had a copy of the original modules, so I could have just rolled them back but hopefully this generalised guide (showing how to bring together toolsets we have on offer) will serve it's purpose:

Guiding people through the obvious mistakes; as well as the right way to do things

As you say the kernel is there for the taking anyways so I shan't bother rolling back then to extract one.

So guide complete. 3.0.2 -> 3.4 on a budget
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_068.png
Views:	706
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	92259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_069.png
Views:	644
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	92260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_070.png