View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #35
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've listed my two challenges: 25 Books from 25 Lands, which I think is self-explanatory. I would like to read less of the kinds of things I already like and be exposed to new places and and times.

Laundry Basket Challenge, in which I plan to read 25 of the unread pbooks I own. This is about clearing the decks in a way, but it's also about examining the impulse to buy books that I have no immediate plans to read. At the same time, I plan to hold the thought that owning a books is not sufficient justification to read it. Perhaps I've moved on, perhaps something is dated in itself or was simply a mistake--I want to be more thoughtful both about what I read and what I acquire. I'd also like to eliminate some of the physical and emotional clutter involved in books on shelves.

In addition, I plan to read most of the selections of the two books clubs here. Since there's not a lot of overlap among these three goals, I'm already bumping about 70, which given a reading goal of about 110 to 120 next year (slightly under this year's total), leaves me about 40 to 50 books from which to choose for what I already love, new enthusiams, and impulse. And for when I need something mindless.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote