View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
I have the Ermine update on a usb. Not sure what yall mean when you say it has to be saved as a root directory. Can someone clue in the clueless? Also, I would assume that I need to have access to the internet. Although I can see my modem and put in the password it fails to connect. Can someone offer a clue as to why? Thanks in advance -Micky
I followed the instructions here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=183

Just make sure you put the update in the root directory of the USB drive and renamed it as specified in Step 2.

Press the MENU and ROTATE buttons simultaneously while
powering on and KEEP them pressed (I counted to 10). When you release the buttons the update will start and only takes a few minutes.

No need to have wifi on while performing the update.

Once you've successfully updated to 2.2, try setting up your wifi again. Are you sure you are using the correct password? On mine, I had to use the encryption key. If it still doesn't work, start another thread and someone will be along to help you figure it out. There are a LOT of smart people here who do amazing things with this little device.

Welcome to the forums

Edited to add: I used a USB thumb drive with no problems at all, although some have used MicroSD cards.

Last edited by DianNC; 09-18-2011 at 04:27 AM.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote