View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #42
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
I published an iriver Story HD review on my webpage ... might be interesting for some german members here: http://cme.at/testbericht/test-iriver-story-hd/

For all non-german folks:
I found the Story HDs screen very nice to look at. You clearly can see the difference in font-sharpness compared to the Kindle or Sony readers. For comics and mangas the higher resolution is a big advantage too. Images are much sharper and have much more detail than on the SVGA readers.

Another pleasent surprise was the weight. It is noticeable lighter than the Kindle which is a big plus for long reading sessions.

However, the Story HD has some downsides: There is no notes-function, no audio support (so no TTS), no wireless connectivity (at least not for the current german version) and no integrated store, which all makes the QWERTY-keyboard a little useless imho. Also the homescreen and overall navigation is not as intuitive as on other readers and the settings are very limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
How's browsing for books on the device; does it allow browsing through folders (e.g. Fiction English - Writer Name - Book Titel, etc.). This is important once you load lots of books.
How many zoom levels?
Margin settings???
There are 8 zoom levels, with not much difference between them. So the font size at the highest zoom level isn't as big as on the kindle or sony.

Largest fontsizes compared:

No margin settings or any other font settings for that matter.

You can organize your books in folders. To do that you need to switch from databse mode to folder mode in the settings. That way you can browse folders on the reader.

The sorting options are only available in database mode. You can sort by recently read, favorites, title, author and images (comics, mangas). The search functions allows to look for the filename, meta data seems to be ignored as far as I can tell.

Last edited by cme; 07-15-2011 at 03:25 AM.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote