View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #91
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Here's a quick query for users of this fantastic PB360 port of FBReader:

I use the wrist turn feature only occaisionally - when I can be sure the reader is held in a stable horizontal (me sitting) or vertical (me lying) position that prevents unintentional page turns (if I lie on my side, as I often do before sleeping, the position of the reader is not good for using the wrist turns).

But my question is this: after using the wrist turns only for some time, the program seems to 'go to sleep' - by that I mean it stops responding to wrist actions and I have to do a button push page turn to get it to 'wake up' - anyone else encounter this?

In addition, if this 'sleep' issue doesn't occur, eventually my keypad auto-lock times out and the device locks the keypad. I know the obvious solution is to switch this auto-lock setting off for the device, but I like it (when I put the device aside I know after 5 minutes or so it will lock the keypad). I was wondering if it's possible to have the wrist pageturns trigger the device so that the auto-keypad lock timer resets and prevents this (minor) problem? Again - anyone else encounter this?

But these minro glitches aside, I love this program and use it mainly for the advanced settings features that truly allows the reader to tailor how a book is displayed - something all those corporate phoney programs like ADE and even Mobi Reader don't do. Keep up the great work!!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote