View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #22208
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Dell computer after-market service, you say? Filed for future reference. Thanks for sharing that. I'd been thinking about getting a Dell; now I'm not so sure.
I have had nothing but hideous after purchase support from Dell - both personal and business. The customer support people are helpless/hopeless and the technical support people are clueless.

Example: we ordered a batch of PC's for our business - which were shipped with no OS installed. Not realizing, or expecting, this I simply dropped off boxes at each desk and told the employees to hook them up and then give me a call when they were booted up, so that I could load our company configuration. One employee (scared to death that she had somehow "broken" her new PC) called Dell support first - and engaged in a verbal battle trying to convince them that there was no OS on the disk. I arrived during this exchange - verified that the disks were not formatted, no partitions, etc. - which the support person continued to deny. I hung up, packed up all the PC's and called Dell Sales - to let them know that they were all being returned - and why. Later that week, we received PC's with OS installed - but no explanation or apology. I switched our company to HP.

The only reason we still have any Dell PC's at work is that I found a reasonably priced local repair shop that I can dump problem PC's on to fix. It's worth the cost never having to speak to a Dell dim-wit again.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote