View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #31
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Dumbing things down for people who are unwilling to even TRY to learn something will never accomplish anything good.
With respect - 'dumbing down' is a patronising term used by techs and engineers who don't get that the vast majority of people are not like them.
This is not dumbing down. It is about simplifying and making it more effective and streamlined for the actual people who will be needing this kind of app.

I am not criticising Calibre - I want to have a better and more widely used and successful Calibre. That is why I am suggesting the 'shell' structure - a way to retain the tech community who have brought the program to where it is, while accommodating the 'masses' who need and will use Calibre if it empowers them to do so.
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote