Thread: Touch Shelf names
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Shelf names

I would like some information from someone with a Touch running firmware 2.0.0 or later that is setup to use a language other than English.

In the SQLite database on the Touch, there is table called "Shelf". This holds a row for each shelf that you create. It also holds a row for the "Shortlist" and the "Wishlist". In fact, in the database, these are in no way different to any other shelf.

What I am interested in, is what values are in two of the columns for these shelves. The table has two name columns. One is "InternalName" and the other "Name". In the English version, these columns hold the same value for all shelves. This is the name you entered when creating the shelf. So, for the "Shortlist" shelf, both are set to "Shortlist".

What I would like to know, is if this is different in other languages. I know how I would have done it, but I am curious to see how Kobo did.

So, what I would like, is for someone running a non-English Touch with firmware 2.0.0 or later, to add a book or two to the Shortlist and Wishlist. Then have a look in the database on the Touch and report the values. Giving me a copy of the database after adding the books would also be handy, but I can understand if people don't want to do that.

Thanks for any help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote