View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
I was curious to see how Rowling would approach a detective mystery. I read The Casual Vacancy a while back and despite the terrible reviews, I thought the book was quite good and her character development was excellent.

I really liked the Cuckoo's Calling and was pleased that, unlike her last book, there were some very positive and likable characters. The relationship between Strike and Robin is predictable, but well developed. I really wanted her to continue working with him and I wanted her to be gracious with him. I don't always feel that way about such relationships, but Rowling successfully sucked me into it in this book.

The plot was also well thought through although I did suspect earlier than I should have that the very person who hired Strike was indeed the culprit. I'll read the sequel.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote