View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Measure it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
I downloaded the free GSam version, and it is great. I may consider purchasing the full version in the close future.

I'm glad it makes not difference on Shutdown and Sleep.

I am concerned about in your reply is a full charge takes 6 hours and with that you get 6 hours of use!? I was under the impression a full charge gave you at least 11hrs of play time. 6 hours isn't alot at all.
Make a note of Screen Time on the GSam icon screen right before you place it in the charger. You can then know your own usage. Then note the estimate of charge time after its charging for 30 minutes.

I use the Kindle PowerFast Charger from Amazon to charge it from a wall outlet. GSam will tell you when it is 100% charged. That takes 6 hours.

Most folks do not use GSam and do charge for only a few hours. They also estimate time used without GSam and get much higher estimates of use in some cases 50 hours of use and only 2 hours of charging. I trust ONLY GSam for the real measurements of charging time and screen use. Of course it is possible that the GSam numbers are wrong and the numbers submitted by others are correct.

I rely on GSam for my charge time to 100% and my measurements of Screen Time used. GSam showed my KF1G only got about 5 hours and 20 minutes of screen use. I've given that away now.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote