View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #34
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
My goal is to spend more time reading quality books and less time working as an unpaid copy-editor for big publishing. Every book I read this year from them had errors and then I had to go back and strip them and correct them afterward. I am over that! Unless it is a book I really and truly want to read and keep, I will be getting it from the library and deleting it as soon as I get to the third typo. So, my plan for 2013:

- Go through my existing backlog of purchased but not yet read books and separate off the ones which need fixing. Only read those all the way through if I run out of other stuff to read.

- Alternate the rest of my reading between indie books, classics, and other books from 'safe' sources who I know produce readable copy. I plan to explore the Harvard Classics as well and am working on a spreadsheet which sorts them all into chronological order.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote