View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #6
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher23
I used to have this reader when it was the original rocket ebook, back in 98 I believe. I forget the model, but the one I had did not have the modem. It was first generation. I had stopped using it when I purchased the franklin e-bookman. From what I remember, the battery life was fantastic and the display was excellent for reading. Better than any PDA that I have owned.

I dug it up a few weeks ago, but the battery would no longer hold a charge. Despite my efforts I could not find a way to replace the battery. I think I may purchase the ebookwise version. I currently own the Cybook, but would not mind having another reader. I am assuming that the ebookwise 1150 can still read the REB format.
Pitcher23, Gemstar is still offering to replace defective readers, including the old rocket, with a new 1150, for the shipping only cost of $30. You should also be able to access all your old encrypted rocket content on it through the Gemstar servers, which are scheduled to stay up for another year.

I replaced two of my old Rockets this way and have enjoyed them ever since.

I haven't tried using the Gemstar 1150 at ebookwise, but they have talked of providing a patch for it. I have an ebookwise 1150 anyway. Personally, I prefer to convert .lit files and make them into .imp books for both my 1150 and the colour 2150 using the gemstar publisher software.

You can get the details of the $30 replacement program and download the free Gemstar publisher software from http://www.gemstar-ebook.com

Cheers!
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote