View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
As a parent, I have to say that I agree with the general idea that libraries seem to moving away from being about being literate. As far as all reading being the same, the medium does matter, and it impacts how we think about things. I read much better on my Kindle (eInk) than on my iPad or Nexus, simply because when I'm holding it, I have no established brain patterns about what other things I can be doing with it. It's like watching a sermon on television vs sitting in the pew; the message is the same, but just the possibility of changing the channel and no one will know impacts the experience.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote