Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #113
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I guess it all depends what the primary use of the device is. If it's primarily intended for video, then yes, 16:9 is a better aspect ratio than 4:3. But 4:3 is better for reading, web browsing, and probably most other applications which involve reading text. Pros and cons, as always.

I would note that the iPad has been reasonably successful despite its 4:3 aspect ratio screen.
I agree! And, this is a site about reading, right?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote