View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #57
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Perhaps if the question was worded differently.

Would you buy a crappy ebook because it was cheaper?

I have bought paper books because they were nicer, maybe had illustrations, maybe better bound, maybe large print.

The concept about paying more for a better item is not solely related to ebooks although the question in this case is.

I have actually paid more for the same item (ie a glass of the same wine) to enjoy it in nicer surroundings. And I often pay more for an item that I can buy across the street rather than walk 6 blocks to get it.

So while typesetting and OCR other errors do not bother me unduly, if a book was 9.99 for example and a far inferior copy was 1/2 price I would pay the 9.99

I do not look at that as paying more for a better book, but refusing to buy an inferior product based solely on price alone.

Catfood is often as nutritional as salmon, but I pay the extra for the salmon.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote