View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythlandia View Post
Charley - Just saw your November reply. At the time deleting the color coloring of the columns cured my problem (even though, from your answer it may just have been a side effect), but recently Calibre has taken to re-checking the disk on startup. I found your post and did your tweaks, which worked and I can now get into Calibre in about 25-30 seconds (with a 47000 book library).

The two values I set were:

"Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup"
sort_columns_at_startup = [('authors', 0), ('title', 0)]

"Set the maximum number of sort 'levels'"
maximum_resort_levels = 2
I don't remember seeing a stored (between sessions) Index for any 'Sort'

Calibre needs to generate a 'Startup sort' on the fly.

the sort needs to process 47K Authors with 47K Author entries.

If startup time is important... Don't sort until you need to.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote