View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #45
GregoryP
Enthusiast
GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Google Nexus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
1. When I open the reader and am presented with the library it always defaults to having my books sorted by title. I personally prefer to sort my books by author in this view. Is it possible to have an option to set the "sort by"? Or have it at least remember what my last choice was so next time it opens it in that view.
This is one of the requests that comes back the most these days and should be integrated this week. The library needs to keep its state/options even when exiting the app.

Quote:
2. Just having a list of books is not too easy to look through if you have a large list. Is it possible to have an option to create a collection of some form? This would be good for book series (e.g. for a trilogy, etc.) or just for grouping books on a particular subject. I know there is the filer available but this isn't always that effective for this. Also if this (or something similar) gets implemented, it would also be nice to be able to order the books within this collection - something missing from most ebooker readers.
We currently rely on the tag system to manage book grouping. I agree it would be nice to be able to order the books manually, we'll have to think about this

Quote:
When I use the explorer to navigate to a folder containing some files, I don't see the txt or html files, which I use for some texts. Yet when I go to the library, some txt and html files are there, and I am able to open them. When it comes to styling, there is absolutely none for txt. Reducing the default font size for epub will automatically change font size for txt and html, making the font too small and barely readable. Can these be handled separately? I know it's possible to apply styles to txt because CoolReader does it, and I would prefer having one app to read most files than a separate app for every file format.
Sounds weird, I'll have to look at that this week...

Quote:
Re: tags, I see I can create a tag and apply it to a book, but is it possible to select several books and apply a tag to all of them? I was unable to find anything about that in the user manual. (In fact, is it possible to edit metadata directly in the app instead of in an outside application?)
An upcoming version will make it possible to change the metadata in Mantano Reader, but we currently have not planned to apply those changes to the actual epub files. We'll see to what extent this could be done.

Quote:
Re: paging, I noticed that there is a kind of a "click" sound when I use volume buttons to go forward and backwards; is there a way to turn this behavior off? Also, I can go forward by tapping the right side of the screen but tapping the left to go back only brings up the settings. Is it possible to address this issue?
I'll check that out. I haven't had that issue on my Nexus One or on the tablets we used for testing.

Quote:
This seems like a fine reader, and I like the way it handles pdf. While I do prefer a single app for multiple formats, I wasn't very satisfied with the way pdfs are handled in other apps. I like the note, annotation and highlighting options, and am interested in finding out more about text to speech. I have the next 7 days to try it out. I will post in this thread again if I have any more questions.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. If you have any more questions or suggestions, you know where to find us
GregoryP is offline   Reply With Quote