View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #84
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
It's a short story so maybe I'll even read it at lunch break

Spoiler:
Well I just can't remember one thing, I think that almost all the Angels acronyms were revealed but I just can't remember the Rachel one being revealed, if I'm not mistaken that was the one that John didn't had a chance to read because it was the last book on the shelve. Or maybe I missed something.

Only read the above spoiler if you already read the book or you don't mind to see a little spoiler.
Almost forgot about this, sorry...

Spoiler:

Yes, that is correct. All of the Angel's names are acronyms, with one exception when the ANGEL chose a different name for itself. Each of their functions echo's a military research project component of Project ARCHANGEL.

However, even though the ANGEL's themselves are non-combatants, two of them are a little closer to the line than the others. Like the ARCHANGELS, they too share the COMBAT HIERARCHY meaning they are intended to research actual combat scenarios. Needless to say, this is reflected by CH in their names.

One of them was asked to "Find her honor" after killing someone. That's a sad tale in itself and parts of that will come out in Titanium Skin.

Peter's personal office is a reflection of his own notes on Project ANGEL and is a hierarchical representation of the project components. Jon saw Michelle's ( Rachel's direct sister ) documentation and realizes the connection. He never got a chance to read Rachel's detail, but when he learns that STACI is a Semi Tactical Archangel Control Interface, he realizes the truth about all of the projects and confronts LAURA (itself another acronym ) about this. LAURA has had several names, BTW... LARA is mentioned in TE and LANA is mentioned in Artificial Dreams ( unpublished ).

Finally, the other piece missing from this puzzle. There were 21 Military ANGEL candidates. Only twenty were converted. What happened to the twenty first was not discussed either.

So you remember correctly. Rachel's name was not disclosed, but the CHEL would be the same as her sister.

Don't read that unless you've read TURING EVOLVED but it answers your question in a roundabout manner.

David.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote