Thread: iLiad Interface Design
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
All the current Visplex devices are using the old 4-level controller. E Ink has announced a new controller that will support 8 grey levels (and bigger screens, i.e. more pixels). So the delay in larger Visplex screens may be partially controller related.

As I understand it, the iLiad screen is E Ink but the controller is from iRex and that is why it has been the only one supporting a larger screen and 16 grey levels. However, I have not seen a clear explanation of where the iLiad screen comes from (perhaps there was one before I started monitoring the iLiad threads).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote