View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #11
lbutlr
Enthusiast
lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.lbutlr is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And yet, on my OS X machine, when I run the calibre server, the machine name remains unchanged.
That's interesting, so I did a bit of testing on my LAN and put calibre on every Mac.

The only Mac that did not change names was one that was *not* being given a reserved IP from the router.

Dunno if this is coincidence or not, but I can certainly try the test again if that might be helpful.
lbutlr is offline   Reply With Quote