View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
I don't care if anyone track my surfing habits, advertise and profit accordingly.

Just curious if these kind of browser plug-in can do any harm like a typical spyware. Like, can it run in the background without you clicking it, and secretly phone home with your login/password?

I'm sure Readibility is a good one based on popularity and user reviews. Just a question in general and how cautious I need to be with other add-ons down the road. Thanks.
They are just extensions not programs. It's just a script written in javascript. I always read the feedback on extensions before I install them. You can learn alot that way. I use FireFox for years and have never encounter issues. Now I have Chrome but only a few extensions installed on it but I read the feedback before I install what I do have. You should be fine as long as you read the details page of the extension and the feedback before installing.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote