View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #67
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I must respectfully disagree, ducks. For backlist books where no electronic version exists there certainly is a choice to be made about what level of proofing to do after OCRing the book. More proofing = higher cost. For books with a relatively low anticipated sales volume, such as old "mid-list" SF, it's probably not economic to aim to produce a completely error-free book at a sensible price. It's a matter of finding the optimal balance between quality and price. Too many errors and you'll annoy the reader; too high a price and the potential reader won't buy it in the first place. I can live with an error every 10 pages, say. I can't with live an error on every page.
Harry,
Maybe I needed to be clearer. I expect the e-version to be of the same quality as the original. I am not speaking of improving the quality of the prose
PG seems to manage quite well in this respect.
Like Speakingtohe, I can tolerate minor errors. But I don't consider blocks of missing/garbled/mis-ordered text, minor.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote