View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
My family are currently reading ebooks with three Palm M125s. We generally read with the backlight off as we find it is easier on our eyes. But, seeing the recent price reductions I'm wondering if the EB-1150s would be a good upgrade option. Alternatively we may hold off for another year and migrate to e-ink devices.

A question or two......

Can you totally turn off the backlight on the EB-1150?

I'm assuming that you can't read in direct sunlight.

Does anyone have an opinion aboutthe EB-1150 verses the Palm M125.

Thanks,
cartz.
Yes you can but the contrast is poor in the mode. Since the battery life is about 20 hours with a low backlight I always keep it on. Like any backlit device cranking the backlite up lowers the battery life.

It can be used outdoors in direct sunlight. It looks about the same as the Palm III device. The backlight is totally useless but there is enough contrast to read by. See point 1.

Long battery life and a reasonable size screen are great improvements over the Palm M125. The screen resolution is 320x480 which matches the Palms with virtual grafitti area. Having larger fonts and larger screen (5.6") is hard to describe as a benefit but once you experience it you won't read on your Palm any longer.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote