View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 06:58 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
Okay here is what I understand so far I can zip the chapters of this anime manga and then place the zipped folders into the calibre program and then I can convert them to pdf. Plus I don't have a comic viewer I just have the plain ebook reader on my tablet.

So my downloads folder currently has 312 manga folders from just 1 manga each folder is for a different chapter. Can I just zip each of these folders and then move them to a folder in my libraries on my computer called PDF and name the folder zipped. And then scan the zipped folder with calibre and have calibre convert each of these for me into pdf.

Is this possible then.

If so just say yes if not tell me what I can do to figure out how to turn these into individual ebooks please and thank you.

I have been using the calibre program for a while now but I have never done a job like this before with the program.

Sorry for the long winded reply I'm just still a bit new to the program. When it comes to things other then converting from amazon ebooks to pdf.
I've never needed to convert a CBZ to a PDF, and I avoid conversions if I can. That said:

I converted a CBZ to PDF with calibre using the default settings; the result was black and white images resized to fit on an A4 page - I'd call it a 'useful' PDF.

And I created a PDF using IrfanView with the same set of images with it's default settings; it didn't do any image resizing and retained the colours, to get what I'd regard as a 'useful' PDF I would need to to do some tweaking.

But, but, but… you should be able to read CBZs on your Kindle Fire directly, for example ==>> Amazon.com: ComiCat (Comic Reader/Viewer)

Have a look in the Kindle Fire forum and perhaps ask about a good comic reader there.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote