View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #56
kova4a
kova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3
I'm totally on board if it comes with an IR screen. Honestly, the screen is the thing you see all the time when using an ereader and at least for me I just can't transition to a non-IR one.

It's one of those things that once you've seen you can't unsee. Every time I turn on my Kobo Aura One I just think of the Glowligh 3 screen. Bought the Inkpad 3, liked the UI and options but the screen was also a huge let down. Tried the Forma and it was the same thing, so I didn't even bother getting it. Tried the new Touch HD 3 and the sadness came again. The HD 2 was fine but the front light was way too inconsistent from unit to unit. The firt unit I got was great but I had an issue and they exchanged it with a new one which was way worse. Exchanged it again but it also was uneven and distracting.

The GL3 might be slow, it might mess up all my sideloaded books every time it runs out of battery, but for me the screen was enough to make up for all the ridiculous shortcomings. I guess I might be a minority or maybe too picky or too sensitive to such issues but I still keep comparing every new device to it. The front light color was also about as good as it gets for keeping the text contrast high. I even played around with the koreader settings on my Aura One to make the color of the comfortlight close to the Nook's.

Last edited by kova4a; 05-25-2019 at 03:27 PM.
kova4a is offline   Reply With Quote