View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
If your intention is to primarily read library books then go with the Sony. Hands down. You can actually borrow the books on the device itself which is a wonderful feature. Browsing can be a bit awkward but downloading a book that has just been made available to you after being on a waitlist is an awesome feature.

People complain about everything. It's too sunny. It's too dark. It's too hot. It's too cold. Take what's best for you and go from there. I personally really really dislike Kobo's but I love Sony's. I have my reasons but I don't want to cloud your decision.

Do what works for you. There's a reason why there's 31 flavours of ice cream. I'd go with the Sony because it's newer, because you can access the library directly on the device - no other reader today can do that, and I personally like the interface better than the Kobo. They're the same price of $80 at Best Buy Canada ending today so act soon!

The Sony's work right out of the box and are pretty much set, solid devices where you can happily read away. I have a massive hate of for a device that isn't solid from the get-go and has to constantly release new updates to fix things that should have worked properly in the first place. cough *Kobo* cough [<-- just my opinion but I'm not the only soul who feels that way!]
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote