View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I don't encrypt anything but passwords. I don't use that strong of a password for my Keyring database, which I really should, so if someone got it they could just bruteforce it. It's not an English word, but it's only lowercase letters. >>; At least it's 9 characters long...

Not like I have much of any high importance in there anyway. Some e-mail account passwords, some IM screen name passwords, and a few FTP/SSH accounts.

Now, if someone managed to get both my laptop and my Palm, I'd have one hell of a time getting everything back together... I really should make a CD-backup of some things like password files... I use semi-random passwords of around 10-12 characters for online things, since those are more vulnerable to attack than my laptop/Palm (which are physically safe most of the time). The downside is I can't *remember* them from my head. Meaning I'm pretty screwed if I loose the password file on my Palm and the backup on my laptop...

*shudder* This kinda made me want to keep another backup. *copies password file to another computer as well*
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote