View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Risks of losing a portable device (poll)

Bruce Schneier (mastermind of the Blowfish cipher) is quoting the Washington Post regarding the risks involved of losing a portable device nowadays.

Quote:
I've noticed this in my own life. If I didn't make a special effort to limit the amount of information on my Treo, it would include detailed scheduling information from the past six years. My small laptop would include every e-mail I've sent and received in the past dozen years. And so on. A lot of us are carrying around an enormous amount of very personal data.
Which leads me to our poll. Have you ever lost a portable device such as your beloved PDA? And have you taken special precautions, such as encrypting your sensitive data? I've never lost any data, but I have also never bothered to use any encryption.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote