View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
J. Dean
Author: Clade Josso
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I guess I'm a bit confused. Is the term "pulp fiction" used with regard to the quality of writing, or for the motivation for writing? If the latter, then ANY of us who charge money for our work are "pulp-fictionists." I don't do my work for free.

Having said that, I strive (as I'm sure all of us attempt to do here) to put out quality work. So, in that regard, putting out cheesy tripe for the sake of a buck is foolish, because in the end it hurts me as a writer. Maybe that's why I don't churn out as much literature as others do, but I'm extremely self-criticial when it comes to what I display for others to see, either in my novels (which cost money) or my short stories (which are free). Those are both reflections of me as a writer, and if they're not worth the time to read, then the reader will ignore any future work I put out.
J. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote