View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter2 View Post
Well, sad to report that I have word 2000, not 2007, and it has only one sad flavor of HTML export (grossly over-done and incomprehensible). I do have Open Office, however, and the idea of rinsing it though there has some appeal for other docs

what is this mysterious HTML Tidy application?

many thanks,
walter
It's been a while, but I seem to recall there used to be a utility specifically designed to clean up Word HTML. (Kind of like Tidy, but with a stronger stomach? ) Maybe a google search can find it.

But in the long run, loading the original .doc or .rtf or whatever into OpenOffice, then saving using the Writer2xhtml plugin is probably the best way to go.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote