View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Artists are not rich people and have rarely been unless born so, with exceptions obviously. Making a living from art is an administrative task at which very few are proficient. Those that do well by it work just as much at promotion then at their art. But face it, what artist wants that? Many writers of lore, popular today, died poor. Thse who inherited or bought their rights are making money. Then again this is an administration of rights task.

I wish I could have been taught that in school but would I have listened?

You're not pessimistic about the whole thing. There are many art forms competing against one another and the additional digital media have taken a big chunk of it, lowering even more the "audience, readership, patronage" capacity.

People today, being bombarded from all sides, tend to restrict their availability to others' artistic expressions. Works have to be broadcast further to get attention.

One of my friends is a radio journalist. He took a sideline job with a publishing company to write custom stories for them. This company can then tailor its readership. It's a job but can it be art? To me it feels like the artwork you can buy in furniture stores. It lacks the reality and edge only a starving artist can perform.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote