View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I think you mean that Sony renders font size in point increments and Jinke renders them in pixel increments. ;-)

Which is exactly true.
If you measure the ADE font sizes on a V3 you'll see they come in at exact millimeter sizes rather than at any recognizable point size.
With the new update they are continuing the practice
(note how the font sizes are described in percentages rather than points)

Clearly, typographic convention/accuracy is not a concern for those coding ADE on Hanlin.
Actually I mean almost exactly what I said. I recently tried an ePUB that had hardcoded (CSS coded) 12 point font and the interpretation of the Reader was to display it 12 pixels high however they did add spacing between the lines that would have normally been included in the points size. The result was 42 lines displayed in 800 pixels or about 19 pixels per line (12 plus spacing). This is clearly wrong. Changing the font size in ADE did nothing. Running the file through Calibre removed the hard coding and made the file readable.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote