View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #417
wtzll
wtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animalswtzll is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Download from Amazon, the "Update" versioned 5.3.1 -
Install that to downgrade to firmware version 5.3.1.

Then follow this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192

For your purposes, you can stop at the "install kTerm" section - just do up to but not including that kTerm installation.
Hmm... OK I got it working (soft of...)

This is what i did:

Reset the device ->
Downgrade to 5.3.1 ->
Jailbreak (kpw_jb_520-531) ->
Upgrade to 5.3.3 ->
Install update_rescue_pack.bin ->
Install update_combined-dev-certs-20121002_install.bin ->
Install update_kindlet-jailbreak-20121029_install.bin ->
Install update_jbpatch_3.2.1_fw531_install.bin ->
Install update_linkss_0.7.N_install.bin

At first nothing happened when the device came around after the update. To make it work I had to manually go to JBPatch and restart the framework and after that it started working.

Keep in mind that if I reboot the device, the sceensaver doesn't work right off the bat... I have to go to JBPatch and manually restart the framework every time post boot, and then it works.

Anyway to fix this?
wtzll is offline   Reply With Quote