View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #99
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoi View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in wrong topic od subforum.

I want to ask you where are you buying ebooks? I got Kindle NT, and now I want to buy some books, but TBH prices on Amazon are way too high for an electronic book. I mean, paperback is cheaper in most cases than kindle edition, which is illogical, since there is no manufacturing cost for kindle books. I was suprised by it as I expected Kindle books to be much cheaper than their paper counterparts.

Seems like I will just have to buy paperbacks and then find appropriate PDF, convert it and then use it on Kindle
There are a few publishers who price their ebooks pretty high, especially if you are looking at popular (Best seller) authors who have a new book out. Penguin has some of the highest prices.

Now then, if you just want a certain genre, you can certainly find ebooks that cost the same as mass market paperbacks or lower.

Some sites that can help you find cheap genre books:

http://blog.booksontheknob.org/
http://DailyCheapReads.com

Also if you tell any of us or start a thread asking for certain recommendations, you'll have soooo many recs in a short time, you'll be buried (electronically.)

There is a thread somewhere around here talking about where you can buy ebooks, but it always helps to have some idea what kind of books you like to read.

I do buy a lot of books from Amazon as they are the most compatible with Kindle, but I also buy from allromanceebooks.com, sometimes smashwords.com ... there are others.

But seriously, start a thread and ask for recommendations on books and tell people you want books under 5 dollars (or whatever your price range) and you will get lots of recommendations!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote