View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by legenda128 View Post
Could someone please tell me how to free RAM on my Kindle 4 NT because when I try to install Duokan (tried 2 different versions) it says that I need 16 Mb Ram and I have 8 Mb? Tried to reboot milion times but without success. Please help me.

I use 4.1.0 FW and
the message I get is:

Duokan used 9MB
Need 14Mb
Available 9MB

Not enough space

How do I free some RAM?

THX
What hacks have you installed? One of them may be consuming all your free RAM. You can try uninstalling hacks (especially hacks that stay memory-resident), to see if it frees up enough RAM.

DETAILS: If we assume that what Duokan is calling "space" refers to total RAM, and not heap or stack storage or other system resources (also stored in RAM, but can be exhausted while plenty of RAM is still free), then: 1) Running out of resources is usually caused by a programming error. 2) Running out of RAM is caused by some persistent background task (or hack) consuming too much memory.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote